To help encourage healthy behaviors in this new year, we’re bringing back the beloved Walk the Walk Challenge! Read below to see if you want to sign up for the individual competition, or the brand-new nonprofit competition.
To submit your steps, please use the following links:
Individuals use this link: https://goo.gl/forms/cnWCHbnPcxcwiau03
Teams use this link: https://goo.gl/forms/TAcmTvyMJHDhAqVg2
Steps must be reported by 10am on the following days:
- February 8th
- February 15th
- February 22nd
- March 1st
- Walk 50,000 steps every week for the entire month of February 2019.
- Submit your step total via online form each Sunday night (early Monday morning). We accept step counts from fitness trackers like Fitbit, pedometers, and phone step apps.
- There is a $20 buy-in for this challenge. At the end of the month, we will split the remaining money with all the participants who complete the challenge (after APIFM takes 25% of donation to cover staff time for coordinating this). For example, if 50 people start, and 30 make it to end, the 30 people split $1,000 (minus APIFM small donation).
*Each year we have run this, participants who complete the challenge have made their money back plus a few dollars!
- Form a team of at least 5 individuals from your nonprofit/government/foundation/etc. (staff, interns, volunteers, board members).
- Track total # of steps of your team each week, and submit your team’s step AVERAGE via online form each Sunday night (early Monday morning). We accept step counts from fitness trackers like Fitbit, pedometers, and phone step apps.
- There is a $100 buy-in for this challenge. At the end of the month, prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams. The 1st place team also will win the GOLDEN WOK award, which will stay with the nonprofit for the entire year until the next Walk the Walk Challenge. Our first winners EVER came from Japanese American Cultural and Community Center (JACCC). See glorious pic of the wok below: