The 2020 AANHPI Health Summit Has Been Postponed
AANHPI Health Initiative
The Initiative’s mission is to bring AANHPI (Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islanders) health issues to the forefront so they can be actively addressed and result in the elimination of health disparities in these communities, with a specific focus on Los Angeles County SPAs 3 and 4.
Core Goals of Our Coalition
Develop a strong relationship between AANHPI communities and the LA County Dept. of Public Health.
Advocate for Los Angeles County Dept. of Public Health to recognize, prioritize and address the AANHPI health disparities in this county.
Consolidate and coordinate the health work our organizations are already doing to eliminate duplication, while also building with our shared resources.
Analyze and tailor currently-used evidence based strategies to work for the AANHPI communities we serve.
Members of Our Coalition
- American Heart Association
- Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy – Los Angeles
- Asian Pacific Islander Forward Movement
- Asian Pacific Health Care Venture
- First 5 LA
- L.A. Care
- LA County Department of Public Health
- L.A. Walks
- Pacific Islander Health Partnership
- UCI Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
Check out the latest report from our last AANHPI Health Summit. We put together a list of policy recommendations for LA County Dept. of Public Health’s Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP).