Join our team
We’re passionate about equity and justice. We care deeply about the work and our communities. We’re also known to run marathons, nerd out about comics, take puns too far, and defy dress codes.
Program Manager – Tobacco Prevention (Closed)
If you are interested in this position, please attach a resume and cover letter and send to Scott Chan, firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be available until filled.
At times, we need contractors who can conduct health education and/or lead physical activity in-language (e.g., Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, Spanish, etc.). If you’re interested in being considered when these opportunities arise, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to Diyana (email@example.com).
We are currently accepting applications for volunteer and internship positions at APIFM. If you are interested please fill out our online application (Click Here) and email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Summer 2019 Internship Opportunities (Unpaid)
If you are interested in a specific summer internship role, please indicate the role in your cover letter and tell us why you’re a great fit!
APIFM Communications Intern
- Produce and maintain an organizational communications calendar
- Coordinate with staff and other interns to create content in adherence with the calendar
- Maintain social media presence and track social media engagements
- Leverage analytics to recommend areas for improvement in APIFM communications
- Collect news clippings (past and new) concerning APIFM staff and work
- Create a digital asset organization system with feedback from staff and implement
- Research, mockup, and help develop an APIFM online resource library with staff feedback
Food Roots Social Media Intern
- Track social media engagements
- Draft social media posts & help schedule them
- Research and plan how to increase engagement
- Collaborate with the team to find new topics to share on our blog
Koreatown Intern, HEAL
- Translation and interpretation support in Spanish and Korean
- Build skills in facilitation / training in Spanish and Korean
- Conduct outreach (in Spanish and Korean)
- Support with onsite set up / breakdown & communications (workshop photos, planning SM post updates, blog posts)
Garden/Food-Growing Intern, HEAL
- Organize and develop garden education materials
- Learn about and support gardens at APIFM partner organizations
- Brainstorm and support garden sustainability efforts
- Ideally already has some comfort with gardening already, but not required – just a desire to learn is great.
Workshop & Outreach Intern, HEAL
- Support planning, implementation, and breakdown of HEAL workshops and outreach activities with children, adults, and older adults
- Develop HEAL curricula and activity guides on nutrition, food justice, physical activity, etc.
- Organize HEAL resources, curricula, and supplies (physical and digital)
- If bilingual, support document translation and oral interpreting at workshops and outreach