To help encourage healthy behaviors in this new year, we’re bringing back the beloved Walk the Walk Challenge! Read below to see if you want to sign up for the individual competition, or the brand-new nonprofit competition.
Deadline to sign up is 11:59pm January 29th, 2018!
- Walk 50,000 steps every week for the entire month of February 2018.
- Submit your step total via online form each Sunday night (early Monday morning). We accept step counts from fitness trackers like Fitbit, pedometers, and phone step apps.
- There is a $20 buy-in for this challenge. At the end of the month, we will split the remaining money with all the participants who complete the challenge (after APIFM takes 25% of donation to cover staff time for coordinating this). For example, if 50 people start, and 30 make it to end, the 30 people split $1,000 (minus APIFM small donation).
*Each year we have run this, participants who complete the challenge have made their money back plus a few dollars!
- Form a team of at least 5 individuals from your nonprofit organization (staff, interns, volunteers, board members).
- Track total # of steps of your team each week, and submit your team’s step AVERAGE via online form each Sunday night (early Monday morning). We accept step counts from fitness trackers like Fitbit, pedometers, and phone step apps.
- There is a $100 buy-in for this challenge. At the end of the month, prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams. The 1st place team also will win the first-ever GOLDEN WOK award, which will stay with the nonprofit for the entire year until the next Walk the Walk Challenge.